Friday, March 13, 2009

Maiden Voyage!

On Saturday I took the trucker out for a spin, along with all the bags!  Considering the 25 MPH cross wind, she "sailed" like a dream!  I rode from Grange Hall Rd. in Beavercreek to Kil-Kare Motor Speedway, then back.  I could not believe how many people commented on the bicycle.  Maybe this was because I was going past many of the other road bikers, since they clearly didn't exercise all winter long.  

I think that the bicycle rode very smooth.  The 4130 steel frame was every bit as comfortable to ride as my carbon road bicycle.  Because the bicycle is somewhere around 35 pounds between the racks, bags, and bicycle itself, it handles very smooth. 

Ross and I have planned out first training ride/camp.  March 21st we plan to ride out to John Bryan State Park, just outside of Yellow Spring.  There we will put up camp, drink beer, and see how much we don't know about roughing it, sleep, then ride back to Dayton later the next day!   We hope these little mock tours will give us good insight as to what we will need, and what is a waste of pannier space.

Also, our page for donations should be up very soon!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment